Friday, April 06, 2007

I am such a lemming!

I have gone and caught The Clap. This is yarn I spun from fiber I got from the Spunky Club this month. It is Superwash in two colorways, DandyLion and Maccaw! They are plied together in 800 yards of worsted weight. My hubby loved the way it looked, but I already had plans for it. I told him if I didn't hit my yardage then I would make him something out of it. I love unzipping the drop stitches.


I also joined in with the Galveston Mystery Shawl KAL. I purchased a complete set of KnitPicks Options as a birthday present to myself this year and a bunch of laceweight. I was planning to purchase copies of A Gathering of Lace and Heirloom Knitting, but it takes 3-5 weeks to get Heirloom Knitting and with the move I wasn't sure what address we would be at in 5 weeks. So I was pleased when I found the KAL that I wouldn't have to give up my ideas of lace knitting until after the move.


I finished the first clue last night! I worked it on one circular needle using the magic loop. After the confusion over the first couple rows of the pattern were worked out it was a very easy chart to follow! I love the pattern so far and I can't wait to see what happens on the next clue!