Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Modular Miters


Sara asked about the Mitered Squares that I am working with right now, so here is what is currently in my knitting bag. It is the Dogwood colorway from Spunky Eclectic spun in a sport weight single. Here are some of the websites I found with info on this pattern.
This is the pattern I decided to use, but I am doing it in Stockinette instead of Garter. It is very clearly explained and once you have the basics of the pattern memorized you can make the squares as big or small as you want them to be. These instructions are great too because they show you how to minimize having to weave in the ends!! Always a bonus.
Shelly Kang has a great scrap blanket going with this method. Scroll to the very bottom for her instructions. Last night I started a scrap afghan too, so I am going to join her KAL
Anonyknits has a great tutorial on how to turn the blocks in different directions without having to seam them together.
I hope these point you in the right direction!
On the house front ( yes we still have a house :P ) The driveway and sidewalks were poured yesterday, the painters are there today and the cabinets are being "dropped" tomorrow!! I will get some pictures uploaded in a day or so.