Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tour Update

Yesterday I finished plying the Nightshade. It came out so fantastic! I adored working with this fiber. It was the first time I had used Coopworth and I think I wouldn't hesitate to use it again in the future. It came out to almost laceweight! I am getting closer to my goal every skein I make. I think this would make a fantastic shawl. The colors are so rich and I can't wait to see what they look like when they are all worked up.

As soon as I was done with that one, I started on my next set of fiber. This is Tulip from Spunky Eclectic. I think this one is going to be closer to a true laceweight. It is spinning up super fine and it is taking forever to fill a bobbin. I still keep having to remind myself to spin thinner, but I am getting better at it.

And because this is just a super cool photo, this little guy was found by Joe out by the laundry room. I have been living in the desert all my life and this is the first time I have ever seen a horned toad out in the wild! My husband shot this great photo of him just chillin' by the sidewalk.